- This event has passed.
Mino-maawanji’itiwag: Coming Together in a Good Way
November 8 @ 8:00 am
One event on November 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Mino-maawanji’itiwag is Saulteaux for “coming together in a good way.” This November we will gather again for a unique opportunity to learn, connect, and grow, reconciling the past and journeying towards Contextualized Ministry. Join Indigenous Jesus followers and people ministering in an Indigenous context.
Have You Wondered?
• Can a person be both fully Indigenous and fully Christian? What does that look like?
• How can a non-Indigenous person mentor an Indigenous person?
• What does Indigenous leadership look like?
• What difference does it make that Jesus was a tribal boy raised under colonization?
• Why are Indigenous peoples marginalized in similar ways across the globe?
• Are there legitimate boundaries in contextualization? If so, who sets those boundaries?
• Is the Indigenous drum, smudging, or other traditional practices demonic?
• Why can’t “they” get over it?
• How can Christian ministries present Jesus in a good or better way?
An opportunity to Come Together with Indigenous and non-Indigenous believers. Hearing from those who have journeyed before us, offering their perspectives on walking the Jesus Way, while being both Indigenous and Christian.
This gathering is an opportunity to spend two days with Indigenous leaders who have journeyed with these and other questions. Let’s learn how to come together in a good way!
When submitting an event, please allow up to 2 business days to see the event posted on the calendar.
The views presented at events posted on this site do not necessarily represent those of the CEC team, sponsors, or partners.
For recurring events, please double-check with the event host to ensure date and time are still valid.